Late last month, I went through my stack of piano music and pared it down to just the songs I want to keep working on until I get them 100 percent right.
The song list is:
- Junco Partner by James Wayne, 1951
- Heartbreak Hotel Elvis Presley, 1956
- God Bless the Child by Billie Holiday, 1939
- Come and Go with Me by the Del Vikings, 1957
- St. James Infirmary Blues, Irving Mills, 1928
- Blue Monday by Smiley Lewis, 1954
- Bright Day by Christopher Norton
- Mystery Train by Herman Jr. Parker, 1953
I zoomed right in on the outstanding hang ups: The ascending left hand vs. the descending right hand finale on The Del-Vikings’ Come and Go with Me and the quirky right hand melodies on Smiley Lewis’ Blue Monday.
April’s theme is: All in on Piano.